We are currently looking for interns and/or volunteers.
If you think you would make a good fit in our school, please contact us!
Grace Montessori Academy is:
- committed to the Montessori educational philosophy & pedagogy
- holding on to Christian values and Biblical principles
- always leading the child and believing in his ability
- international, with most instruction in English
- a place where children, parents, and teachers grow together
We are an exciting school and workplace full of passion and love for what we do and the families we partner with.
Any nationality is welcome as long as you can speak English at near-native level.
【Toddler Class Intern/Volunteer】
Age group: 1.5 to 3 years old
Working hours: 8:30 – 13:30
For more information details:
Internship・Volunteers Details (PDF)
【Children’s House Class Intern/Volunteer】
Age group: 3 to 6 years old
Working Hours: 8:30 – 15:30
Our Children’s House classroom is not yet open, but looking to hire for 2020-2021 school year. If you are interested, please contact us.
- Greet parents and children in the morning when they arrive and in the afternoon when they leave school
- Prepare the environment
- Encourage children and give them only the necessary help they need to become independent
- Buy the materials for practical life area – bananas, snacks, etc. (will be given money to buy necessary materials for the week at the beginning of the week/mid-week as necessary)
- Assist during circle time and closing circle
- Assist in making materials if necessary
- Help children in the bathroom – changing diapers / potty-training
- Open/Interested in the Montessori educational method
- Currently attending a Christian church or open to Christian values
- Enjoys working with children
- Comfortable with speaking some English (it’s okay if not perfect)
- Be motivated to learn and be humble
- Living near or around Kobe city
- Have a love for music
- Hands-on Montessori experience
- Learn how to observe and follow the child
- If you have a child you want to enroll in the school, then your child’s fee may be reduced
*School is closed on all Japanese national holidays, summer break (mid-July to end of August), Christmas & New Years break, Spring break (final week in March)