If you think you would make a good fit in our school, please contact us!
Grace Montessori Academy is:
- committed to the Montessori educational philosophy & pedagogy
- holding on to Christian values and Biblical principles
- always leading the child and believing in his ability
- international, with most instruction in English
- a place where children, parents, and teachers grow together
We are an exciting school and workplace full of passion and love for what we do and the families we partner with.
Any nationality is welcome as long as you can speak English at near-native level.
【Children’s House Montessori Teacher】
Age group: 3 to 6 years old
Working Hours: 8:30 – 17:30 (w/ an hour break)
Our Children’s House classroom is not yet open, but we are planning to open for the 2020-2021 school year. If you are interested in joining our team, please contact us.
- Prepare the environment
- Make observations using Montessori Workspace
- Prepare lesson plans for each child and present lessons
- Record and track children’s progress via observation notes and pictures
- Use positive discipline and redirection when necessary
- Communicate with parents, sharing pictures and updates
- Communicate with other teachers about children’s progress and next steps, ideas for improvement
- Experience working in a Montessori classroom or at least have a strong will to become a Montessori teacher and willing/open to learn
- Christian and attending a church
- Be full of love, positive, and humble
- Must enjoy working with children and desire to be a guide to them
- Can speak English fluently or near fluently without any strong accent
- Motivated to continue learning
- Living near or around Kobe city
- Have a love for music
The school is closed in August, but we will run a Summer School program. It is your decision if you want to work at Summer School or not, but if you cannot work then there will be no compensation during August.
- If you have a child you want to enroll in the school, then your child’s fee may be reduced
*School is closed on all Japanese national holidays, summer break (mid-July to end of August), Christmas & New Years break, Spring break (final week in March)
** Job interview via Skype is possible so if you still live overseas that’s okay.